Friday, February 27, 2009

Blogs behind!




So I update on YouTube, Flickr, Blogger and most importantly the Dog Reporter© tweets! (or I should say barks really)
I am very excited to be the official - unofficial tweeter at Crufts 2009. I will be filming "behind the scenes" at the world's largest and greatest canine celebration and I will be tweeting like crazy. I am not paid to do this nor I am an employee of the Kennel Club (although I do freelance my photography and filming services when needed) I have been given an all access Crufts pass to film great dog stories behind the scenes for the KC YouTube channel. I have a natural knack of finding the warm, fuzzy, uplifting, positive, want-to-tell-your-mom-about-it dog stories.
I am all about the positive and finding all the good that is out there in our world around dogs.

I am the Dog Reporter© hear me woof!

I am very lucky to be receiving filming assistance from my friend Daniela Tranquada, The Kennel Gazette Editor and Kennel magazine goddess extraordinaire, with filming and tweeting throughout Crufts. We both are passionate about dogs (in particular Weimaraners) and we are going to try and bring some amazing, funny and brilliant behind the scenes stories to you live from Crufts.

Here is my shameless plug on Daniela who has the best Weimaraner website!
www.castanhoweimaraners.com

You will be able to see all our "behind the scenes at Crufts" YouTube clips on the official Crufts YouTube channel the following week (allow me some time to edit please)

www.youtube.com/crufts

www.crufts.org.uk

Keep up to date with all my postings on all the usual social networking sites. I am brilliant at at multi-tasking in writing, taking pictures, blogging, uploading, filming and overall gushing over gorgeous, gregarious and glorious dogs of all nature (pedigree and crossbreed).

I am very excited that there will be lots of breed rescues at this year's Crufts. As some of you may know my lovely dog, Josie, who was the most special being in the world to me was a Weimaraner breed rescue. I had adopted Josie from Friends for Pets sporting dog rescue in Los Angeles many years ago. She was the best dog ever and I will always be eternally grateful to Diane at Friends for Pets for introducing me to such a special dog. It has now been a few years since Josie's passing but I still visit FFP when I go back to LA and drop off dog biscuits or a small donation.

www.friendsforpets.org

They are still a breed rescue that I wholly support in whatever way I can. Breed rescues do amazing work and like all other hardworking and tireless shelters and rescues, they too help inform people about specific breed characteristics and attributes insuring people get the right dog for their lifestyle.

I will be spending loads of time around Discover Dogs and the Breed Rescue stand (near the Kennel Club Charitable Trust stand) throughout Crufts as I want to meet and interview as many rescue dogs as I can.

I will always promote adoption and rescue whenever and wherever as I know there are so many dogs out there in the world in need of homes. It gives me great joy to support through my work and creativity all people who are saving and rehoming dogs.

The Dog Reporter©

No comments:

Post a Comment