Sunday, November 21, 2010

Black Pearl Dogs

There was a wonderful Dog Art Show in Long Beach, California this past weekend.  (a video and blog will post later this week - I'm still downloading and editing footage)

It was a great dog event presented by Who's Your Doggie k9 Services with proceeds benefiting a local dog rescue, Animal Match Rescue.  I was speaking to Lynda Montgomery, a representative from Animal Match Rescue, about her rescue efforts and I learned that black dogs were the often the most difficult to re-home.  I wasn't really aware that there is certain prejudice when adopting black coloured dogs including both cross breeds and pedigrees but after researching a bit online tonight I guess there does exist prejudice even in choosing rescue dogs.   

"Black Pearl Dogs" are an eloquent name given to these beauties in rescue.  I just wanted to do my little bit this moment and mention Black Pearl Dogs.  Check out this wonderful blog and this website which highlights the plight of black dogs in rescue.

I love attending Dog events as I meet the most fascinating people supporting our four legged friends.  I'll tell you more about that soon.



Until next dog blog

Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment